Introduction: Sabrina (UWC)

My name is Sabrina and I am 21 years old. I am a student at the University of the Western Cape. I first started studying at the University in 2017. I did a year in Medical Bioscience before realising that I was on the wrong path.

I hadn’t considered Physiotherapy until May of 2017 when I was admitted to hospital for a dog bite. I shared a room with a wonderful lady who told me her story. She was born with scoliosis and she was booked in for yet another surgery. She spoke highly of her physiotherapist who not only helped her physically but also became a close friend. She inspired me to transfer to physiotherapy and I came to the realization that I wanted to help people like her. I definitely don’t regret my decision and am grateful every day for having had that opportunity.

I live in a suburb called Parklands. I’ve lived here my entire life and went to school nearby.

In my spare time, I enjoy singing and playing the guitar. I love watching crime documentaries on Netflix and I enjoy gaming. I also really love my animals!