A little bit about Me- Kelsey Gerbach

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kelsey Tyler Gerbach I am a 2nd year Physiotherapy student at The University of the Western Cape.  I’ve googled the name kelsey and it means fierce in which I can agree 100% with (besides when doing a Physiotherapy practical test of which all I want to do is run). They say dynamite comes in small packages and that’s exactly what exploded on the 25th of October. My parents say I should’ve been born on the 21st of November but no, I came an entire month in advance, I was unpredictable and I still am to this day.IMG_3186

For such a small and short person, I would say that I have the most ridiculous loud laugh of which I can never control and a sense of humour that most people cannot ignore. If I could explain myself in 3 phrases it would be high maintenance, unpredictable and one of a kind. 

I am the eldest and only daughter of 3 and I have 2 younger brothers that are very difficult to ignore. I am a very family-orientated person and I enjoy spending my weekends binge watching Greys Anatomy and Modern Family, spending time with family and friends and one of my ultimate favourites- sleeping-when I’m not studying.

I always stand my ground for what I believe in and I will argue till I’m blue in the face , people always tell me that I should’ve become a lawyer. I’ve always had a caring side and its exactly where my passion for physiotherapy plays a role. In this degree so far, I have not just learnt theory and facts but also compassion for people, how to be more sociable and how to treat everyone equally no matter their economic or social circumstances. 

I belong to the Old Apostolic Church and I am the Youth Choir Master and also the burial secretary. My main purpose is to lead the Youth Choir and ensure that we are prepared and sing every Sunday Morning and also to ensure that members of the church pay their burial fund premiums so they are kept up to date. I collect the monies, keep in contact with the head office and ensure that the members’ policies do not lapse.  

My trip to Norway would not be my first oversees trip and definitely not my last. 

I cannot wait to meet everyone and see you all soon!