Guest lecture from a 2019 graduate on MMA – Sports Rehabilitation

Max Linley

Max is a graduate of Physiotherapy UWC, he graduated in 2019 and completed his community service in 2020. Max now is the:

• Registered MSc student at UCT
  • Co-Owner – Waterfront Physiotherapy Clinic
  • Head Physiotherapist – Western Province Rugby Academy
  • Hamiltons Rugby Club U20 physio
  • Physiotherapist at Pride Fighting Academy
  • Physiotherapist at Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy

Max’s Profile: I am a young and enthusiastic physiotherapist, eager to make my mark on the industry. I am passionate about sports and exercise physiotherapy and enjoy working with sports players from various different professions. I enjoy learning from other physios and from their experiences in the field of sports. I work mainly with professional fighters (MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu), as well as rugby players.

We were delighted to have him speak to our students about MMA injuries in the field of Sports Rehabilitation, this is another way of allowing our past students to return and contribute back to the University. Max hosted a guest lecture for the Fourth year Physiotherapy students in the Physiotherapy Department, discussing different types of MMA injuries and the approach of Physiotherapists. We cannot be more proud of Max and he’s achievements, the department wishes him all the best.